Hudson's 6 Month Update + Unpublished Pictures!


This month was the hardest month yet, because I felt like I had no time with Hudson. But it was also incredible, because Hudson had so many firsts! 

BABY UPDATE:  Hudson started to [easily] roll front to back, sit up on his own, say "bababa" and "dadada," laugh even louder, grunt and just become waaay more of a human being! Sometimes, he just laughs at me for no reason, and I laugh back, and he laughs, and we just share this totally indescribable joy, like an inside joke between only us. He stares at me all day, and I stare right back. We're mutually obsessed. I love spending time with him, and every funny little thing he does just makes me more excited to be his mom. 

He has been sleeping through the night (7PM - 6:15AM) except for a few nights here and there, and he's been eating solids! He loves applesauce, pear, banana, sweet potato, green beans and carrots! He is iffy on broccoli, spinach, avocado and cauliflower! He also sort of gets how to drink from a cup, and high-fives me when he feels like it. He loves his doggy, and is still obsessed with his binky. He is the most charming baby, I catch him smiling at random people all day, and then acting shy when they give him attention. He's pretty happy overall now, and is only fussy at night before bedtime, or when he's overwhelmed by too many people at once. He's very calm, and I've realized he loves calm environments like his mommy and daddy.


MAMA UPDATE: Big news on the mama front - I left my job! I was in between whether to share the news, because I've always kept my career pretty separate from the blog, but I wanted to be totally honest with you other moms out there, and follow up on my post about my first day back to work, which so many of you absolutely amazing people e-mailed me about. 

I did not want to make the decision to leave an emotional one, so I went back to work for a full month. It was extremely hard, and while dropping Hudson off did get easier, and his daycare was amazing to him, I truly felt like I did not want to miss this time in his life. I was gone for 42 hours of his week, and I didn't feel it was fair to him, or to me. Matt travels for work a decent amount and works long hours, and between running this blog, working full-time and being a good mom, it became too much. I wasn't even having a single second to myself to do basic human things, like shower or eat dinner. My work is amazing, and they were completely understanding, which makes me so relieved, because I felt really guilty about the decision. I in no way shape or form want to make this seem like this is the "right" thing to do, because it's SUCH a personal decision that we each have to individually make as moms. But for my family, it worked out, because I make some income from this blog, and I can really be present as a parent. I'm scared, definitely, but also very very VERY excited. 

I wanted to thank each and every one of you who took the time to e-mail me and give me the confidence that this was even an option. I also wanted to thank all of you for making this an option by following this blog. It has changed my life.


These are the things we've been using:


1. Fisher-Price Booster Seat: After Hudson grew out of his Bumbo, we liked the idea of having a small high chair to feed him in the kitchen, since our home isn't very big! I also love that there's a toy attachment, because it entertains him while I heat up his food. 

2. Trainer Cup: Since Hudson started holding his bottle, I love this one! It makes it easier for him to grip the bottle. 

3. Super Baby Food: Growing up, I mostly ate carbs and sweets, so I knew I wanted to feed Hudson tons of fruits and veggies that were homemade. It's the one thing I'm actually really passionate about, even though I am not a great cook. I didn't know where to start, so this book helped me out a lot!

4. V-tech Driver: Hudson has loved this toy since he has started to sit up!

5. Gathre Mat: This mat is suchhhhh great quality, and is amazing for beach days! 

6. Cactus boardies: I've been collecting fun summer clothes for Hudson, and could not pass these up! 

7. Panama Hat: This hat is so cute, it's insane. 



Labels: