South Miami Photos + Guide


After sharing my first Miami city guide, a guide to Miami Beach, I had some requests to share more of our favorite spots in Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Wynwood along with my favorite vintage shops. Here goes!



FOOD/DRINK:
1. Zak the Baker (Wynwood): I may be biased, because Zak is a great friend of ours, but judging by how many others in Miami love this guy and his bakery, I'd say it's a MUST TRY. He just moved the bakery down the street and opened up a Deli, and both are incredible.  It's a must-try!

2. Chocolate Fashion (Coral Gables): This adorable French bakery has delicious sandwiches, coffee, pastries and pretty much anything your heart could desire. It's a small shop, with some seats outside, and perfect for brunch or lunch.

3. Jaguar (Coconut Grove): If you're into Peruvian food, this is your spot. They have the yummiest ceviche, and a full menu or delicious Peruvian dishes!

4. Cafe Demetrio (Coral Gables): This little coffee/brunch spot has delicious food AND the coffee is served with a cocoa powder heart. I mean, it just doesn't get much better than that.

5. Lagniappe (Wynwood/Downtown): My favorite bar in Miami. The backyard is beautiful, and filled with lights and vintage seating. There's usually live music too!

6. Coral Bagels (Coral Gables): The yummiest bagels, and super affordable! 

7. Mary's Coin Laundry: Yup, you hear me right. This is a laundromat AND a Deli and they have the tastiest cuban food! It's authentic and a fun stop along the way!




SHOPPING/THRIFT: 
1. Red White & Blue Thrift/ Flamingo Plaza (Hialeah): Deep in the heart of Hialeah, this place doesn't even compare to any other thrift store. You can find so many gems if you really have the patience to dig. I LOVE how intense and vicious shoppers are here - they will literally ram you down with their cart to get the shirt they have their eye on down the aisle. It's freaking great.

2. Bargain Barn  (Wynwood): If you need incredible vintage furniture, this is your spot.

3. Salvation Army (Wynwood @ 23rd Street): I know every city has one of these, but this location has some great finds + they have deals on Wednesdays!

Trust me when I say, do not bother with any other thrift stores in Miami, except for maybe Goodwill. There's a few other stragglers out there, but NONE are worthwhile and are mostly filled with junk. I used to sell vintage in Miami, so you can trust me on this one ;)




Labels: