Matt and I lived in Miami for four years before moving to NY. We spent 1.5 of those years in Coral Gables, 1/2 a year in Downtown Miami and the other 2 years living on South Beach! It has been fun being able to revisit all of our old favorite spots, and I realized I never wrote a post about said spots! I am happily going to share some of our favorite things to do, and I'll make sure to break it up into different locations around Miami, since things are pretty spread out around here! First up... South Beach!
BRUNCH/ COFFEE SPOTS:
1. 11th Street diner: This diner is super retro and authentic, not to mention everything is delicious on the menu! Make sure to end your meal with a sundae - it's worth it.
2. Shepherd Artisan Coffee: Located on Collins, this place is great if you're staying on Ocean. They have adorable outdoor seating (shown below) and delicious coffee.
3. Panther Coffee: Some of the best coffee in Miami, and we prefer the South Beach location because of the seating and beautiful natural light. We walked here with Hudson one day (pictures below!)
4. Books N Books: One of the only spots on Lincoln road worth stopping into for a light bite and a coffee! They have an incredible book selection, and magazines you can browse while drinking your cup of joe.
Shepherds on Collins
Books N Books outdoor seating
Panther Coffee shop
PLACES TO EAT:
1. Juice and Java: If you're looking for a salad or a smoothie, this is your spot!
2. Suviche: Never a let down for a delicious Peruvian and sushi dinner or lunch!
3. Macchialina: Delicious homemade pasta that you won't regret stuffing your face with!
4. Las Olas: The most authentic Cuban food on the beach
THINGS TO DO:
1. Take a stroll on Ocean and check out all of the awesome Art Deco hotels / rent a bike and bike around.
2. Walk on Lincoln Road for some shopping.
3. Espanola Way is beautiful at dusk, but try not to go on a weekend because it gets super busy
4. Have a picnic on South Beach and snap pictures in front of a lifeguard tower!