Anemia Confessions




I was debating whether to share this, but I decided it is something that has happened to me, so I am sure there's others out there going through the same thing!

A month or so ago, I was feeling EXHAUSTED. not like, I went to bed two hours too late because i binge watched Netflix last night exhausted. It was different - something felt off. i felt dizzy getting up, my breath was short, i was having trouble running and by the end of the day i needed a nap, and i NEVER nap. of course i googled my symptoms and drove myself a bit nuts before I went to the doctor.

Turns out I am anemic, which means my red blood cell count is short. my doctor recommended i start taking iron pills every day, i guess for forever. Sort of mind boggling that I am going to have to take a pill every day now, but i must admit since i started taking iron I've felt a 180 degree difference. I feel like myself again, i can finally wake up in the morning with a burst of energy that steams me through a workout and a full day of work! It is incredible how a tiny imbalance in iron can throw everything off!

This has been my little journey lately. Are any of you anemic? I would love to hear your story...


Labels: ,